Indexată BDI | IDB Indexed
Stimați cititori, vă reamintim că autorii primi ai articolelor științifice pot acumula 80 de credite EMC în urma publicării. Dacă un articol are mai mulți autori, cele 80 de credite [...]
RJP și SRPed oferă anual Premiul Național pentru Știință și Cercetare - pentru autorii celor mai bune articole științifice publicate [...]
Tema plagiatului este tot mai mult discutată în ultima vreme. Apariția unor programe performante de căutare și identificare a similitudinilor între texte [...]
Instructions for authors
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS | EDITORIAL PROCESS DESCRIPTION
Founded in 1954, the Romanian Journal of Pediatrics ensures a high scientific quality of its content as well as an outstanding graphic quality. The scientific quality of the published papers is warranted by the impartial double blind peer-review process conducted by the journal.
For the publication of the manuscripts, there are two fees that have to be paid by the authors:
1) Peer-review fee: 150 RON, for each manuscript proposed for publication. In the case the article will not be accepted for publication, there will be no fee refunding. Please note: when submitting an article for publication at email@example.com, the author has to send in attachment also the proof of peer-review fee payment.
Please make the payment in RO64 BACX 0000 0017 9144 9000 - Unicredit, for: Publimed SRL (Amaltea Medical publishing subsidiary) - CUI 33583300.
2) Fee for publication: 990 RON. It has to be paid only in the case of aceptance of the manuscript. The fee will be paid after the editor will communicate the acceptance decision to the author and the proof of payment will be sent as an attachment by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying in the subject field “Romanian Journal of Pediatrics”. After the publication of the article, the author will receive 3 copies of that edition of the journal that contains his article.
Please make the payment in RO64 BACX 0000 0017 9144 9000 - Unicredit, for: Publimed SRL (Amaltea Medical publishing subsidiary) - CUI 33583300.
The following are exempted from the payment of both fees:
- Members of the Romanian Society of Pediatrics (who paid the membership fee for the current year);
- Leaders of all Pediatrics departments from all Universities of Medicine in Romania;
- Members of the Editorial Board and of the Peer-review Committee of the Romanian Journal of Pediatrics with the degree of Professor or Senior Assistant Professor
All materials must be submitted in electronic format at the e-mail address email@example.com. Please provide the fax and telephone number of the corresponding author (that member of the group of authors appointed to maintain the correspondence with the journal). The letter of intention accompanying the article must clearly define the significance and uniqueness of the chosen subject, from the authors' point of view. Professional photo processing, scanning, graph processing - if needed - are the responsibility of the editing team.
After manuscript receipt, the corresponding author will receive a short e-mail confirming the receipt which will contain the registration number, the date the manuscript was received, and the fact that the manuscript was handed out to the subject editor (the specialized member of the Editorial Board). The Editor-in-chief or one of the deputy editors will hand the manuscript to the subject editors.
Copyright: It is considered that the manuscripts sent to the redaction of the Romanian Journal of Pediatrics are addressed in exclusive submission to this journal, become its property and that the information in the manuscript has been reviewed by all authors which have all agreed with the submission of the article in the form in which it was submitted. Authors must cite the original sources within the references and below the reprinted material. Copyright will be assigned to the publisher/journal.
Open Access: Retrieving, adapting and republishing articles may be done freely, in compliance with the Open Access Protocol: Works can be freely retrieved and adapted, provided the source is cited/quoted and that the possible changes are specified.
Statements or opinions expressed in the manuscripts published in the Romanian Journal of Pediatrics reflect the views of the author(s) and not the opinions of the editors, the editorial board or the publisher; the editors, the editorial board and the publisher disclaim any responsibility or liability for such materials. The authors are liable for the content of the articles.
Manuscripts are published on the understanding that they are original contributions and do not contain data that have been published elsewhere or are under consideration by another journal. Meeting abstracts are not considered as duplicate publications but should be disclosed in the cover letter accompanying the manuscript.
For every submitted manuscript, the authors are responsible for disclosing any financial and/or personal relationships that might bias their work.
To prevent ambiguity, authors must state explicitly whether potential conflicts do or do not exist. Authors should do so in the manuscript on a conflict of interest notification page that follows the title page, providing additional detail, if necessary, in a cover letter that accompanies the manuscript. The publisher wishes to make the following clarification: the existence of a conflict of interests does not invalidate the publication of a manuscript. It just has to be mentioned in the conflict of interest page and/or in the intention letter.
The authors should state in the Materials and Methods section of the main text that experiments have been performed in compliance with the ethical principles of the assigned institutional board or national committee.
It is the author’s responsibility to carefully protect the patients’ anonymity and to verify that any experimental investigation with human subjects reported in the submission was performed with informed consent and following all the guidelines for experimental investigation with human subjects required by the institution(s) with which all the authors are affiliated with. For photographs that may reveal the identity of the patients, signed releases of the patient or of his/her legal representative should be enclosed.
When reporting experiments on human subjects, indicate whether the procedures followed were in accordance with the ethical standards of the responsible committee on human experimentation (institutional or regional) and with the Helsinki Declaration (JAMA 2000;284:3043-3049).
Authors of a paper accepted for publication in the Romanian Journal of Pediatrics should be in consent of that editors could make corrections without changing the basic meaning of the text of the manuscript.
The authors may provide names and addresses of experts from other medical sites which may offer an objective assessment of the paper. The authors may also name those persons who from their point of view are not appropriate to perform an unbiased evaluation (objections to peer reviewing). Any objection regarding a reviewer will be respected.
GENERAL STRUCTURE OF THE ARTICLES
The Romanian Journal of Pediatrics publishes original papers, review articles, case reports and letters to the editor on pediatrics. The journal is a quarterly periodical and its publication language is English.
Editorial and publication processes of the journal are shaped in accordance with the guidelines of the international organizations such as the International Council of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE - http://www.icmje.org), the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME - http://www.wame.org), the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE - http://publicationethics.org), the Council of Science Editors (CSE - http://www.councilscienceeditors.org), the European Association of Science Editors (EASE – http://www.ease.org.uk).
The papers, written fully in both English and Romanian, must comply with the following criteria:
(1) Title page, that includes the title of the paper, names and academic degrees of the authors, together with their present affiliation.
(2) Conflict of interest notification page (click here for model).
(3) Text (in Word format).
(4) Acknowledgements (mentioning all sources of funding and support for research, all persons who participated).
(5) References (they should be identified in the text by Arabic numbers and numbered in the cited order).
Note: Reference format should comply with the model of Anglo-Saxon medical literature and should not be adjusted to the Romanian type.
(6) Figure legend (explain all symbols and abbreviations used).
(7) Tables (they must have a title).
(8) Figures (they will be included in a separate file from the manuscript). Figures should add clarity to the text. They should not reiterate information rendered in the text or tables. They should be suitable for high quality resolution. They should be submitted in the desired printing format in order to avoid dimension processing.
Note: Figures should have extension specifying format (i.e. .tiff, .eps).
Authors may also submit colored figures which are to appear as such. This service is free of charge. We recommend a moderate number of such figures.
In case images have special features, it is recommended that the authors indicate the original source; specialized processing becoming the responsibility of the editors.
Manuscripts should be prepared in accordance with the ICMJE - Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals (updated in December 2015 – available at www.icmje.org).
Authors are kindly requested to comply with the following recommendation, in order to help editorial processing:
Prepare your manuscript text using Word or similar (Open Office, Libre Office) processing package. Use Arial 12 for the text font. Manuscripts should be 1.5 line-spaced. In order to avoid delays and useless correspondence, please bear in mind the following:
• Title must be font size 14, bold.
• Use standard abbreviations and unit measurements.
Title page and abstract:
The title page should include the full name of the authors. Indicate the authors' affiliation and connect the author to his affiliation using (a), (b), (c) after the authors' names and before affiliation. Also include information about research grants, including the place (city/country). Please specify if the paper was sponsored by a company. In footnotes specify: Corresponding author, telephone number, fax, e-mail and mailing address. Add a header of 2 to 6 words.
The abstract will be formatted as follows: Objectives, Material and Methods, Outcomes, Conclusions. These titles will appear explicitly in the body of the text.
Conflict of interest statement page
A formulation like “I undersign, certificate that I do not have any financial or personal relationships that might bias the content of this work.” may be used. If such relationship does exist, this have to be disclosed and described. This should apply to all original papers, including original research, editorials, state of the art papers, review articles, case reports, and letter to the editor.
Will comply with the standards of Anglo-Saxon medical literature. Sources, which must be edited strictly as following, may be:
• Entire books:
Authors/editors, name and surname (in initials) (no full stop).
Title, Edition (if suitable).
Place of publication: Publishing House, Year.
- Matei D. Esentialul in medicina de familie. Bucuresti: Editura Medicala Amaltea, 2010.
- Smeltzer SC, Bare BG, Hinkle JL, Cheever KH. Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing. Philadelphia: Lippincot Williams & Wilkins, 2008.
• Chapters from books and volumes written by different authors:
Author of the chapter, name and initial of surname (no full stop)
Title of chapter.
Particle „In:” followed by authors or editors of the volume. Then
Title in italic, Edition (if suitable).
Place of publication: Publishing House, Year followed by column
Pages where the chapter may be found
- Vladareanu R, Andrei C, Zvanca M. Noi utilizari ale ecografiei in infertilitate. In: Kurjak A, Chervenak FA, Vladareanu R. Tratat de ultrasonografie in obstetrica si ginecologie. Bucuresti: Editura Medicala Amaltea, 2012:770-794.
- Beck WW, Jr., Medicolegal considerations in obstetrics and Gynecology. In: Battistini M, Beck WW, Jr., Fang J. (eds.) Obstetrics and Gynecology. 4th ed. Baltimore/Philadelphia/London: Williams & Wilkins; 1997:427-438.
– Authors, name and initial of surname no full stop, only the first three, followed by etc, in case there are more than 4.
– Title of the article.
– Title of the Journal in international abbreviation, italic
– Year, followed by semicolon
– Volume, followed by colons
– Pages where the article may be found
– Note: If the article quoted is published in abstract (ex. journal, volume with abstracts of scientific events), the source will be indicated preceded by „Abstr. in:“
- Horch RE, Kopp J, Kneser U et al. Tissue engineering of cultured skin substitutes. J. Cell. Mol. Med. 2005;9:592-608.
- Codreanu C, Thaci D, Giurcaneanu C et al. Artrita si psoriazis – o singura boala la interfata a doua specialitati. Rez. in: Ro J Rheumatol. 2013;XXII(Supliment):24.
The Romanian Journal of Pediatrics publishes original papers, review articles, case reports and letters to the editor on pediatrics. The following characteristics for each type of manuscript must be respected:
• Content: general information focusing on theoretical and/or practice (review of literature).
• Dimensions: maximum 12 pages (the article can be published in two subsequent issues).
• Format: full text, with or without sections.
• References: recent (75% titles dating from the past 5 years), prioritizing articles published in extenso, quoting few abstracts, textbook chapters or entire books, introduced in the text.
• Content: fundamental or clinical research (diagnosis or treatment).
• Dimensions: 6-10 pages, 4-5 explanatory materials (texts, graphs or figures).
• Format: introduction (present status of the problem, premises and objective of the research), material and methods, outcomes, conclusions (numbered, briefly presented and referring strictly to personal conclusions).
• References in the text.
Clinical cases (Brief Reports)
• Content: extraordinary or unusual clinical observations, ending with a confirmation (morphological, therapeutic etc).
• Dimensions: maximum 6 pages, 1-2 original pictures (clinical, imagistic, morphological).
• References within the text (at comments).
Any correspondence for the journal will be sent to the mailing address as well as on the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.